Understanding Internet Non-adoption Report
Fulfilling Missouri's Digital Promise. View Report...
Bringing broadband to Missouri's doctors and patients
Broadband can help health care providers take better care of patients. Read more...
Broadband Initiatives Accelerate to Bridge Digital Divide
States pursue efforts to boost Internet connection speeds and expand access to unserved regions. Read more...
Bridging the Digital Divide
Where broadband access remains unavailable or inadequate, electric co-ops are stepping up to fill the void. Read more...
MoBroadbandNow in Action
View photos from broadband events around the state and in your communities. Read more...
Broadband Telemedicine Summit
The full-day event features interactive panel discussions on healthcare needs, rural issues, policy updates, electronic health information systems and more. The summit will take place on Monday, May 20, 2013 in the Wool Ballroom of Busch Student Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Find more information about the summit.
RHBI Grant Programs
Rural Hospital Broadband Connection Grant Round 2 Winners Announced.
Find out who the winners are...
2012 Project Tracking
MoBroadbandNow tracks the progress of broadband infrastructure projects on a quarterly basis and publishes relevant information. View the report.
Test your Speed
Take the MoBroadbandNow speed test to find out what your actual connection speeds are. Test your speed now!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Moderator and Presenter: Ron Emerson, Global Director of Healthcare, Polycom
Conference Speakers Include:
- Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and Missouri Governor Jay Nixon are scheduled to attend
- Curtis Lowery, MD, Angels Network in Arkansas – KEYNOTE SPEAKER
- Jon Linkous, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Telemedicine Association
- Ed Simcox, Director, AT&T ForHealth Solutions and Telehealth Strategy
- Matthew Wenzel, Chief Executive Officer, Headrick Medical Center, St. Luke’s Health System
- Thomas Hale, MD, Executive Medical Director, Mercy Telehealth Services
- Kathy Chorba, Executive Director, California Telehealth Network
- Rachel Mutrux, Executive Director, Missouri Telehealth Network
- Pat Schou, Executive Director, Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network
Live telemedicine presentations and demonstrations from Microsoft, InTouch and others.
USDA Rural Development’s Community Connect Grant program is designed to help connect the most underserved rural communities in the country. To help better meet this goal, USDA has announced new rules for the program, which include allowing areas that are not census designated places or defined in a commercial atlas (often the most rural) to apply for funding. Other changes include:
- A simplified application process
- More flexibility in resources and in-kind contributions that can be used to meet the match requirement
- Priority in USDA application evaluation to persistent poverty counties, communities experiencing population loss, and the most rural areas of the country.
To learn more about Community Connect and the new program rules, click here.
If you received a MoBroadbandNow Survey on Residential Broadband in the mail, please take 10-15 minutes to complete it and return it by Friday, May 10. Data collected through the survey is important to developing a better understanding of broadband access and adoption across the state.
Responses to the survey will remain anonymous and will only be reported as part of a larger group. Individuals age 18 or older are asked to complete the survey. Not everyone will receive a survey (surveys were mailed to a random sample of 52,915 households), but those who do should fill it out as accurately as possible and return it by the deadline.
Questions about the survey should be submitted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ralls County: Missouri's First Broadband Project
MoBroadbandNow grants help hospitals improve patient care