”I have often compared expanding broadband to laying railroad lines and constructing the interstate highway system. . . These routes changed communities in previous centuries, so too will access to broadband change our communities today.”
Governor Jeremiah (Jay) Nixon, 2010 MoBroadbandNow Summit
The primary objective of MoBroadbandNow is to expand broadband accessibility to at least 95 percent by the end of 2014.
The MoBroadbandNow initiative is engaged in seven core objectives:
- Collecting and verifying broadband provider data and information.
- Preparing and analyzing state and regional broadband maps.
- Establishing and supporting regional technology planning teams.
- Building new and leveraging existing partnerships with broadband providers, community leaders, public and private investors and other stakeholders.
- Providing technical assistance and other resources to advance broadband accessibility.
- Convening public forums and community outreach.