”I have often compared expanding broadband to laying railroad lines and constructing the interstate highway system. . . These routes changed communities in previous centuries, so too will access to broadband change our communities today.”
Governor Jeremiah (Jay) Nixon, 2010 MoBroadbandNow Summit
The primary objective of MoBroadbandNow is to expand broadband accessibility to at least 95 percent by the end of 2014.
The MoBroadbandNow initiative is engaged in five core objectives:
- Collect and verify broadband data to produce semi-annual interactive mapping information.
- Establish regional teams to develop grassroots, community-based strategic broadband plans.
- Leverage existing and build new partnerships with broadband providers, community leaders, public and private investors and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance and other resources to advance broadband accessibility.
- Convene an annual broadband summit, report on the status of broadband infrastructure projects, assist in digital literacy and educating the public on broadband technology.