Meramec Regional Planning Commission
Counties: Crawford, Dent, Gasconade, Maries, Osage, Phelps, Pulaski and Washington (view map)
The Meramec Regional Planning Commission, located in St. James, MO, is one of 19 organizations operating as a sub-state planning and development agency, serving the state of Missouri. The commission is organized as a voluntary association of local governments and retains a staff of professionals who work on projects to improve the quality of life throughout the eight-county Meramec Region, which includes Crawford, Dent, Gasconade, Maries, Osage, Phelps, Pulaski and Washington counties and their respective cities.
Executive Director: Bonnie Prigge
Assistant Director: Tammy Snodgrass
Broadband Project Manager: Connie Willman
Address: 4 Industrial Drive, St. James, MO 65559
Phone: (573) 265-2993
Fax: (573) 265-3550
The Meramec Regional Planning Commission is proud to participate in Gov. Nixon’s MoBroadbandNow initiative to expand broadband Internet access in rural and underserved parts of the state for health care, business, education and consumers. MoBrandbandNow seeks to expand broadband accessibility to 95 percent of the total population of Missouri within five years.
In April 2011, MRPC partnered with local stakeholders to conduct the MoBroadbandNow Regional Technology Planning Team (RTPT) kick-off meeting. With some 52 stakeholders participating in that initial meeting, this team will advance the demand and adoption of broadband availability within the Meramec Region.
MRPC’s role in the MoBroadbandNow initiative will be to:
- Develop and assist a Regional Technology Planning Team
- Conduct a Broadband Needs Assessment
- Develop a Broadband Strategic Plan for the region, based on the assessed findings.
Regional Technology Planning Tools
Regional Plans, Reports and Meeting Information
- Meramec Broadband Availability and Adoption Strategic Report (05/2012)
- Meramec Broadband Availability and Adoption Strategic Report Attachments (05/2012)
- Meramec Town Hall Broadband Strategic Plan Meeting (04/23/2012)
- Meramec 2nd Meeting Agenda (08-09-2011)
Residential Survey Responses
- Meramec Residential Survey Responses (08-2011)
Broadband Study Findings
- Meramec Broadband Study Findings (08-2011)