Mo-Kan Regional Council
Counties: Andrew, Buchanan, Clinton, and DeKalb (view map)
Mo-Kan Regional Council is proud to participate in Gov. Nixon's MoBroadbandNow initiative to expand broadband Internet access in rural and underserved parts of the state for health care, business, education and consumers. MoBroadbandNow seeks to expand broadband accessibility to 95 percent of the total population of Missouri within five years.
Executive Director: Tom Bliss
Community Development Planner: Matt Buchanan
GIS Specialist: Matt Schoenfelder
Phone: (816) 233-3144
Fax: (816) 233-8498
The RTPT Process breaks down as follows:
- Conduct a Broadband Needs Assessment
- Develop a Broadband Strategic Plan for the region, based on the assessed findings
Regional Technology Planning Tools
Regional Plans, Reports and Meeting Information
- Mo-Kan Broadband Availability and Adoption Strategic Report (05/2012)
- Mo-Kan Broadband Availability and Adoption Strategic Report Attachment 1 (05/2012)
- Mo-Kan Broadband Availability and Adoption Strategic Report Attachment 2 (05/2012)
- Mo-Kan Broadband Availability and Adoption Strategic Report Attachment 3 (05/2012)
- Mo-Kan Broadband Availability and Adoption Strategic Report Attachment 4 (05/2012)
- Mo-Kan Town Hall Broadband Strategic Plan Meeting (05/01/2002)
- Mo-Kan 2nd Meeting Agenda (08/11/2011)
Residential Survey Responses
- Mo-Kan Residential Survey Responses (08/02/2011)
Broadband Study Findings
- Mo-Kan Broadband Study Findings (08/11/2011)
Sector Survey Summary
General Business Survey
The survey will assist us in the strategic planning process. Please click on the link to take the survey Transform Missouri Survey.
- Regional Technology Planning Team Toolkit (4.72mb PDF)
For more background on the Regional Technology Planning Team process and project timeline, consult this Toolkit. If you are interested in representing your business/community sector as part of the planning team in our region, contact Tom Bliss or call Mo-Kan at (816) 233-3144.
MO-Kan Regional Maps for June 30, 2013
Internet Service Highspeed Availibility Maximum Download Speed
For access to older maps check out the data on the Regional Maps Overview page.