Through the MoBroadbandNow initiative, created by Governor Nixon, Missouri has aggressively competed to bring broadband grants and loans to the state. Missouri was very successful in its efforts, bringing in $261 million for 19 projects. These projects must be substantially complete within two years, which means that Missourians should begin to reap the benefits of improvements in the near future. More information is available on each project awarded at the links below.
MBBN Project Tracking
- 2013 Quarter 3 MBBN Project Tracking, All Providers
- 2013 Quarter 2 MBBN Project Tracking, All Providers
- 2013 Quarter 1 MBBN Project Tracking, All Providers
- 2012 Quarter 4 MBBN Project Tracking, All Providers
- 2012 Quarter 3 MBBN Project Tracking, All Providers
- 2012 Quarter 2 MBBN Project Tracking, All Providers
- 2012 Quarter 1 MBBN Project Tracking, All Providers
- 2011 Preliminary MBBN Project Tracking, All Providers
Summary of Awards
Total Missouri Middle-Mile and Last-Mile Awards Map
These Middle-Mile awards were made by the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) during 2010. The awards will allow the two companies to construct large backhaul pipes for broadband traffic throughout a large portion of Missouri.
- BlueBird Media
- Sho-Me Technologies
- Middle-Mile Awards Map, Bluebird Network and Sho-Me Technologies (Posted 10-12-2011) (Bluebird outlined in blue/Sho-Me outlined in red)
These Last-Mile awards were made by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Utilities Service in 2009 and 2010. The awards will allow broadband connectivity to be brought directly into homes, businesses, and community anchor institutions such as schools, libraries, health clinics, and hospitals.
- Big River Telephone
- Cass County
- Finally Broadband LLC
- Grand River Mutual Telephone Corp.; Service Areas 1, 2, 3, and 5
- Northeast Missouri Rural Telephone Co.; Green City, MO and Unionville, MO
- Orchard Farm Telephone Co.
- Ralls County Electric Cooperative
- Socket Telecom, LLC
- United Electric Cooperative
- Utopian Wireless
- Windstream Corp.
Public Computing Centers
The Public Computing Center award was made by the NTIA during 2010. The award will allow six community colleges across the state to open or upgrade their public computing centers.
Mapping and Planning Activities
The Mapping and Planning awards were made by the NTIA in 2009 and 2010. The awards will allow the state to map the availability of broadband across the state, enable regional broadband planning to identify the needs and gaps in 19 regions of the state, and conduct an annual statewide broadband summit.